Crushing Debt Podcast
Below is the episode you requested. Please feel free to load all episodes.
- Episode 277:Top 5 Myths about the Freddie Mac Exclusionary...
Being on the Freddie Mac Exclusionary List is a bad thing. It means you are unable to participate in any real estate transaction where Freddie Mac is a party.
Mostly, this impacts Realtors, Mortgage Originators, Title Companies and Title Attorneys, inspectors and appraisers.
However, we've seen this impact real estate investors and other people simply trying to buy a house using Freddie Mac financing.
In today's episode, I talk about five (5) myths people have around the Freddie Mac List, including:
- Being on the List means I've committed a crime;
- Freddie Mac shares my information with other lenders;
- The List will expire eventually;
- I was put on the List without due process; and
- Being on the List means I can't do closings.
Learn why these are all myths. You can read the corresponding blog here: Top 5 Myths About The Freddie Mac Exclusionary List (yesnerlaw.com)
You can also hear more information about the Freddie Mac Exclusionary List in Episodes 32, 83, 132, 134, 179 and 262 of the Podcast.