Crushing Debt Podcast
Below is the episode you requested. Please feel free to load all episodes.
- Episode 330:The Perfect Personal Finance Education Class
The Personal Finance Education Bill (HB 1054) became law in Florida as of July 1, 2022. The new law requires a financial literacy course as a prerequisite to high school graduation.
George and I were thinking, if we designed the course, or if Governor DeSantis consulted with us to design the course, what are the top five things we would include (and then we thought up a few more).
- How to balance a checking account
- Understanding spending behaviors
- Understanding Credit Score
- and more ...
After listening to the episode, do you agree? What would you include? Can you connect us with Governor DeSantis?
One website mentioned in the episode - to get a free copy of your credit report annually, visit www.AnnualCreditReport.com. That is the only website endorsed by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and the only one that should be truly free on an annual basis.
Please also visit our sponsors:
- Sam Cohen of Attorneys First Insurance for Attorneys and Title Companies looking to get a quote on Errors & Ommissions (malpractice) Insurance coverage. www.AttorneysFirst.com.
- Mark Purvis to help retirees who are looking for a fun and rewarding project by capturing wisdom and stories that will bless their families today and for generations to come. www.LegacySpotlight.com. Let me know if you enjoy this episode and, if so, please share it with your friends that might gain value out of listening!
To contact George Curbelo, you can email him at GCFinancialCoach21@gmail.com.
To contact Shawn Yesner, you can email him at Shawn@Yesnerlaw.com / www.YesnerLaw.com.