Crushing Debt Podcast
Below is the episode you requested. Please feel free to load all episodes.
- Episode 287:Student Loan Disability Discharges
Do you have a student loan owned by the Department of Education (rather than a private student loan) AND a finding of disability by the Social Security Administration? There's been a change in the law to link those two things to provide a disability discharge of your student loan!
On this week's episode of The Crushing Debt Podcast, we are happy to have returning guest Christie Arkovich to talk about discharging student loans for people with disabilities. Under the new law, a finding of total permanent disability (TPD) by the Social Security Administration or the Department of Education can lead to a discharge of your student loan debt.
Christie has been helping people eliminate or negotiate student loans for years and has become one of the top attorneys in this area. You can hear Christie on previous Crushing Debt episodes:
- 50 - Student Loan Debt
- 93 - Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- 99 - Parents Plus Loans
- 106 - Stopping the Robocalls
- 234 - Discharging Student Loans in Bankruptcy
You can find out more by contacting Christie at her email address - email@example.com, or finding her YouTube Channel by searching "Christie Arkovich."
Some other topics we discuss:
- Tax impact of settling private student loans between now and 2025;
- Suspension of the 3-year monitoring requirement with a TPD application
- Extensions to Student Loan repayment under COVID
Please remember to check out my second book, Become Debt Free in Less Than One Hour at www.ShawnMYesner.com/BecomeDebtFree.