Crushing Debt Podcast
Below is the episode you requested. Please feel free to load all episodes.
- Episode 338:Money and Relationships
Things you tell your attorney are attorney-client privileged. As attorneys we cannot share confidential information with anyone. But what happens in bankruptcy court when financial information has to be disclosed to the trustee by one spouse, that was unknown by the other spouse?
In this week's episode, Shawn and George talk about stories relayed by different bankruptcy attorneys of when financial infidelity gets discovered, like:
- When one spouse gave the other money to make mortgage payments, but the spouse used that money instead for something else.
- When the engagement ring is fake but the receiving spouse didn't know that.
- When one spouse has been paying child support unknown by the other spouse.
- When one spouse has children by another relationship unknown by the other spouse.
- When one spouse tries to file bankruptcy for both, without telling the other spouse.
These stories all arise from a Facebook post in a group comprised only of bankruptcy attorneys. They are all true (or likely true) but are meant in the spirit of being funny. Still, we talk about these stories in terms of what they may mean to a couple trying to dig themselves out of debt and the consequences that may arise from "financial infidelity."
Please visit our sponsors:
- Sam Cohen of Attorneys First Insurance for Attorneys and Title Companies looking to get a quote on Errors & Ommissions (malpractice) Insurance coverage. www.AttorneysFirst.com.
- Mark Purvis to help retirees who are looking for a fun and rewarding project by capturing wisdom and stories that will bless their families today and for generations to come. www.LegacySpotlight.com.
Let me know if you enjoy this episode and, if so, please share it with your friends that might gain value out of listening!
Or, you can support the show by visiting our new Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/crushingDebt
To contact George Curbelo, you can email him at GCFinancialCoach21@gmail.com.
To contact Shawn Yesner, you can email him at Shawn@Yesnerlaw.com or visit www.YesnerLaw.com.