Crushing Debt Podcast
Below is the episode you requested. Please feel free to load all episodes.
- Episode 347:When Emergency Funds Run Dry
If you have built up your emergency fund, nice work! If not, there is still time to do so.
However, what can you do if you need to use it and those funds run dry?
Shawn & George discuss an article written by Quentin Fottrell for MarketWatch.com titled "Living paycheck-to-paycheck has become the norm: Inflation takes its toll on American finances as emergency funds run dry." You can find the article here: 'Living paycheck-to-paycheck has become the norm': Inflation takes its toll on American finances as emergency funds run dry - MarketWatch
- Don't take on too much debt (of course, if you could do that you would be able to avoid paycheck-to-paycheck; and
- Have people help you to get out of debt (whether by helping financially or even just giving advice).
We also discuss some signs that you might be nearing bankruptcy, and some ways to fight inflation.
As today's episode is released, Shawn will be speaking at his sons' elementary school for the Great American Teach-In, which means Thanksgiving is approaching. Be sure to check out next week's annual Thanksgiving episode!
Let us know if you enjoy this episode and, if so, please share it with your friends!
Please also visit our sponsors:
- Sam Cohen of Attorneys First Insurance for Attorneys and Title Companies looking to get a quote on Errors & Ommissions (malpractice) Insurance coverage. www.AttorneysFirst.com.
- Mark Purvis to help retirees who are looking for a fun and rewarding project by capturing wisdom and stories that will bless their families today and for generations to come. www.LegacySpotlight.com.
Or, you can support the show by visiting our new Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/crushingDebt