Crushing Debt Podcast
Below is the episode you requested. Please feel free to load all episodes.
- Episode 388:Money Lessons from TikTok
When is something free?
When can you spend money and make money?
What is "Girl Math"?
In this week's episode, George and Shawn delve into the strange Social Media trend of "Girl Math." Yes, that's a real thing - there is a growing trend of social media influencers with millions of views and followers promoting rules that they believe help save people money. Under "Girl Math" in certain scenarios, spending money doesn't count. Some of the rules are:
- Anything under $5 is free.
- Anything bought with a gift card is free.
- Buying something and returning is means you've made money.
- An event or concert paid for long in the past is free.
- Money in an app (Venmo, PayPal, Starbucks, etc) is free.
- If you go shopping and don't buy anything, you've doubled your money.
Here's the interesting part - some of these Rules actually have some logic behind them although, overall, the concept appears to be simply a way to illogically justify your purchases or spending habits.
What do you think? Let us know if you enjoy this episode and, if so, please share it with your friends!
Please also visit our NEW sponsor, Magic Mind, an energy shot scientifically designed to boost energy, enhance focus, create a sense of calm alertness, and increase overall productivity. We've both used Magic Mind and it helps maintain focus all day without a sugar high or sugar crash. You can try some with a discount on us at www.magicmind.com/crushdebt.
Or, you can support the show by visiting our new Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/crushingDebt
#GirlMath #CrushingDebt #MoreMoney